5: Underwater Photos | Day Drunk: 5: Underwater Photos

October 7, 2014

5: Underwater Photos


Since it is dreary and chilly today in Vermont and swimming season is quickly becoming quaint nostalgia for me, I want to share my 5 favorite underwater photos taken this year. I used AGP's  FujiFilm FinePix XP60 (in black), which is waterproof, freeze proof, shock proof, and sand proof. All in all, a perfect adventure camera! (Even if it doesn't take the greatest overall photos - which is why you might notice some of my most recent pictures are kind of grainy).

Swimming with a camera is such a novel (and stressful) experience. I still can't simply plop it down in a stream or lake without thinking, is this really okay?!? But I do anyway. Underwater photos, away!

One
Finding crawdads in northern streams is my jam. This little guy tried to hide, but I caught him (on film) anyway. Freshwater crustaceans? Just about the coolest. 

Two
 Lily pads from underneath. I love the colors here.

Three
I became obsessed with snapping the perfect half/half shot. This one of lily pads and evergreens is my favorite.

Four
Another half/half shot of AGP's dad in his beloved row boat. 

Five
 This shot is me underwater looking up. A natural fish eye effect!

Note: all of these photos were taken at the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment