PICSPAM: Burning Man 2012 | Day Drunk: PICSPAM: Burning Man 2012

August 29, 2014

PICSPAM: Burning Man 2012

I am getting a little nostalgic considering this year's Burning Man is currently underway and that all my friends are there without me! So, in anticipation of Nessa returning with photos and stories galore, I thought I would share some photos of my experience at Burning Man 2012. 

For those of you unawares, Burning Man is a week long, weird art and euphoria festival held in the remote Black Rock Desert of Nevada. In fact, the location of the festival, Black Rock City (population: ~60,000), is only a city for the week that the festival is held! 

What goes on there is truly remarkable: imagine a temporary playground for adults, built by creative folk from around the world and country that could not possibly exist anywhere else except Burning Man. You know, due to laws and stuff. And of course, true to its name, there are lots of things on fire. It's kind of hard to explain, so I hope the photos can speak for me.

In 2012 AGP and I camped at Edelweiss and 9:15 with some friends and friends of friends. It was a hot, dusty, overwhelming good time. I can't wait to hear what kind of majesty my friends get into this year.
 


Note: Wow! Two posts about Nevada in a row? You lucky readers, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment